2.1 SPECTRUM AURORA RING LIGHTS | 24-Month Limited AU Warranty
Spectrum Aurora Ring Light orders from 1st August 2020 are covered by a 24-Month Limited AU Warranty against defects under normal operating conditions.* Includes the following ring lights:
- Spectrum Aurora Diamond Ring Light
- Spectrum Aurora Mini Pearl Ring Light
- Spectrum Aurora Gold Luxe Ring Light
- Spectrum Aurora Max Ring Light
2.2 OTHER RING LIGHTS | 12-Month Limited AU Warranty
Spectrum Ring Lights are covered by a 12-Month Limited AU Warranty against defects under normal operating conditions.
2.3 Consumer Guarantees
All products sold at Spectrum are covered by a Standard Australian 12 Month Warranty. This can be either a manufacturer’s warranty or a Spectrum warranty depending on the product’s origin. The warranty covers manufacturer’s faults, defects, parts and labour. Any fault that is deemed to be due to manufacturing will be covered under warranty for any parts or labour required to repair the item. In some cases, if the cost of repair outweighs that of a replacement, a suitable replacement product or store credit may be offered.
Spectrum repairs are carried out by our qualified in-house technician, who repairs all items as per the manufacturer's guidelines. If any item is unable to be repaired in-house, it will be sent back to the relevant repair centre or manufacturer directly. Repairs in-house usually take around 1 week to complete and repairs sent back to the supplier usually take between 4-6 weeks to complete.
As per Australian Consumer Law, we are not required to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind. You will be able to choose between a refund or exchange if the item has a major problem. This is when the item:
- 2.3(a) has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it
- 2.3(b) is unsafe
- 2.3(c) is significantly different from the sample or description
- 2.3(d) doesn’t do what we said it would, or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed
If the problem is not major, we will repair or replace the item within a reasonable time frame.
If you would like more information regarding this, please refer to the ACCC’s official website here.
2.4 What’s Not Covered Under Warranty
Our 12 month warranty EXCLUDES Fluorescent Light Bulbs, Cotton Muslin Backdrops, Paper Backdrop Rolls, Batteries, Consumable Products and Travel Carry Bags included with our kits. These products are susceptible to regular wear-and-tear and can get damaged not deemed as a manufacturer's fault. If these products are faulty or DOA please notify us within 7 days of receiving for a replacement. We reserve the right to refuse any claims made after this timeframe or additional charges may apply. Damages due to misuse by the user will not be covered by this warranty.
Please refer to a list below of all occurrences when an item will not be covered under warranty:
- 2.4(a) Physical damage or fire damage caused by non-manufacturing factors
- 2.4(b) Damaged caused by wear-and-tear through regular standard usage not deemed to be a manufacturing fault
- 2.4(c) Damage caused by unauthorised modification, disassembly or shell opening not in accordance with official instructions or product manuals
- 2.4(d) Damage caused by improper use, installation or operation not in accordance with official instructions or product manuals (i.e. damaged caused by being dropped or being incorrectly mounted, etc.)
- 2.4(e) Damage caused by force majeure (i.e. natural disasters, war, epidemic, pandemic, etc.)
- 2.4(f) Damage caused by a non-authorised service provider
- 2.4(g) Damage caused by unauthorised modification of circuits and mismatch or misuse of battery and charger
- 2.4(h) Damage caused by operating the product in an environment suffering from interference from other wireless devices (i.e. transmitter, video-downlink, Wi-Fi signals, etc.)
- 2.4(i) Damage caused by reliability or compatibility issues when using unauthorised third-party parts
- 2.4(j) Damage caused by operating the unit with a low-charged or defective battery
- 2.4(k) Loss of, or damage to your data by a product
- 2.4(l) Any software programs, whether provided with the product or installed subsequently
- 2.4(m) Failure of, or damage caused by any third-party products, including incorrect installation of firmware software
- 2.4(n) Damage resulting from any third-party technical support, such as assistance with ‘how-to’ questions or inaccurate product setup and installation
- 2.4(o) Products or parts with an altered identification label or from which the identification label has been removed
2.3 Dead on Arrival (DOA)
If your item arrives and it is found to be Dead on Arrival (DOA), please notify us within 7 days of receiving for your RMA lodgement to be claimed as DOA and your return postage will be covered by Spectrum. Once your item is received back to the Spectrum warehouse, it will be assessed and then either repaired or replaced and sent back out to you.
2.4 Service Under Warranty
If your item is outside of our 7 day DOA period and is found to be faulty due to a manufacturers fault (for a list of exclusions please refer to Section 2.4), the return postage will be covered by the customer. Once your item is received back here, it will be assessed and then repaired or replaced under warranty and then sent back out to you.
2.5 Service Outside of Warranty
If your item is outside of our 12 month warranty period or has been damaged due to an occurrence that is not covered under warranty (for a list of exclusions please refer to Section 2.4), all postage fees will need to be covered by the customer, this includes shipping to our Warehouse, any required shipping charges if the item needs to be sent back to a supplier for external repairs, then finally the shipping back out to the customer.
An assessment fee of $75.00 AUD will need to be paid prior to any repairs taking place. Once this has been paid and your unit has been returned, it will then be assessed by our qualified in-house technician. This assessment fee will then be taken off the total cost of the repair/parts required for the repair.
Our technician will repair the item as per the manufacturer's guidelines. If the item is unable to be repaired in-house, it will be sent back to the relevant repair centre or manufacturer directly. We will reach out prior to sending the unit off with a rough estimate of the cost of repairs and will wait for confirmation before sending off the item. Repairs in-house usually take around 1 week to complete and repairs sent back to the supplier usually take between 4-6 weeks to complete.