Anyone can make content for their social media. The tough part? Creating content that gets your followers liking, commenting and sharing. Follow these three key points and you’re on your way to putting your small business ahead of the social media curve.
Composition involves directing the viewer to the main star of the image, whether that’s a selfie, client photo, product flat lay or lifestyle post. Composing for selfies can be a little different.
Taking a photo has never been so easy with new smartphones having high quality lenses and cameras built in. The best camera is the one in your pocket.
• Find the right angle and ensure that the image is centered
• Leave some negative space in the photo. A zoomed up photo can sometimes be unflattering.
• If you’re taking a shot on the iPhone, you can tap to focus then slide up and down to adjust exposure
• Mix things up with your posts – lifestyle shots, flat lays, use different background settings, etc.
Lighting helps greatly with good composition. Our Spectrum Aurora Ring Lights are continuous lights are really popular in the beauty industry but they're also used by professional photographers and videographers.
Influencers like Pia Muehlenbeck, Lily May Mac, Keira Maguire, celebrities and major beauty labels use our ring light. Several have them in-store like MAC USA where they use the ring light to capture the results of their work.
Here’s an example of a selfie before using a ring light, and after using a ring light.
• Shadows underneath eyes and chin
• The quality of the photo is dull
• Overall, too dark to see the results of the makeup
• Even lighting, shadows are filled in
• Picture quality is high
• Features are defined
• Colour of the work is justified - what you see is what you get!
Additionally, you can use the Spectrum Aurora lights as application lights – portable and easy to take with you on-location wherever there’s less that ideal lighting. Whether if that’s at a client’s house or at a busy fashion show.
If you have a Youtube channel, host Facebook Lives regularly, or take heaps of Instagram stories, then a ring light can upgrade your content game there as well.
Maintaining visual consistency in your images and social feed helps with engagement for your posts. It also helps make your brand look good and aesthetically pleasing to potential customers. For your business to stay fresh in people’s minds, you also need to be consistent in sharing your content.
• Dedicate 30mins to 1 hour a day for social media
• Make sharing high-quality content your point of difference
• Provide transparency and build a personal profile
• If you’re not going to be on social media, your competitor will be.
There you have it. Three points to remember when creating content for your brand’s social media. Check out our range of Spectrum Aurora Ring Lights to see what suits your content.